Welcome to the 7th annual Global Celebration of Open Education taking place, March 5-9, 2018. An exciting schedule of local and online events from 31 countries representing 15 languages is available. In fact, the top 3 languages represented by Open Education Week submitters this year are English, Arabic, and Spanish.
Although I compile “the short list of online community college events” every year, I highly recommend you attend an online event or view a video from outside your higher education system and/or country to understand the global reach of open education. Please use the online calendar for most recent information.
Monday, March 5:
- Maricopa Community Colleges social media push @maricopaOER
- ISKME’s Statewide OER Leaders featuring Regina Gong, Manager of Technical Services and Systems & OER Project Manager, Lansing Community College (LCC), Michigan (2pm EST)
Tuesday, March 6:
Wednesday, March 7:
- CCCOER’s Ten Community College OER Degree & Adoption Showcases (12-5 EST)
- Going OER: Eliminating Boundaries in Teaching and Learning featuring Vera Kennedy, Faculty, West Hills College Lemoore, California (2pm EST)
Thursday, March 8:
Friday, March 9:
- OER your classes personalized? How Open Educational Practices support Universal Design featuring Suzanne Wakim, OER coordinator, Faculty at Butte College, California (1pm EST)
Also, saw some other great webinar topics from SUNY OER Services and Millersville University , and the Affordable Learning Exchange at Ohio State.I look forward to checking out the amazing resources submitted to open education week including showcases, content, and tutorials. Don’t miss out on outstanding “OER” tutorials and in fact full courses being shared by open education leaders.
See you online!