Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Open Education Consortium (OEC) to join the growing number of community and technical colleges promoting open education policies and practices to expand access and support faculty choice and development. The Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER) is an associate consortium of OEC, a global organization, dedicated to promoting open education worldwide. We welcome membership applications from all institutions and organizations that support openness, equity, and access in education.
Reduced Membership Dues are available for Community and Technical Colleges
- Community, technical, and vocational colleges pricing ($700)
- Consortia pricing ($900 for consortia organization*, *$400 for each member institution that also joins)
- Stay Informed: CCCOER and OEC member communications and special webinars keep you informed about tools, emerging trends and funding opportunities for open education.
- Community: Be part of the largest community of practice in open education, focused on the needs and realities of community and technical colleges.
- Expert Feedback: Monthly webinars and our community email list deliver expert perspective on time-critical issues in open education.
- Collaboration: Participate in advocacy events to promote open education locally, nationally and globally.
- Shared Visibility: Showcase your open educational projects to a national and global audience.
- Global perspective: The Open Education Consortium worldwide network allows you ready participation in the global open education movement.
Membership Application Process
Applying for membership for CCCOER and OEC can be completed entirely online.
- When filling out the membership application, please select the following:
- Institutional Category field: “Community, technical, or vocational college”
- Associate Consortium field: Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER).
- Your application will be reviewed within 7-10 business days. We will contact you over email if any additional information is needed.
- Once the application has been reviewed and approved, we will send an invoice to the lead contact’s email. If you join after the first quarter of the year, your membership dues will be pro-rated.
- If your institution has special requirements to complete payments, such as vendor forms, W9 forms, etc. please contact us at memberservices@oeconsortium. We are happy to provide assistance.
We look forward to supporting the success of your open education initiatives.
For more information on Open Education Consortium membership benefits and details, please see http://www.oeconsortium.org/about-oec/membership/how-to-join/.