Celebrate Open Education Degrees and the Year of Open with CCCOER, the community of practice for open education, at our August online discussion panel. The panel will feature key stakeholders in the emerging trend to offer degree pathways that use open educational resources and zero cost textbooks at North American colleges and universities in an effort to expand access and enhance teaching and learning.
When: August 30, 12pmPST/3pmEST
- Amanda Coolidge, Senior Open Education Manager, BCcampus
- James Glapa-Grossklag, Dean, College of the Canyons
- Kim Thanos, CEO, Lumen Learning
- Preston Davis, Director of Instruction, Extended Learning Institute, Northern Virginia Community College
- Quill West, OER Project Manager, Pierce College District
- TJ Bliss, Director of Development, WikiEducation
Check out the diverse open perspectives shared at Year of Open on how to think about and design open education degrees at colleges and universities in Canada and the United States to benefit students, faculty, and institutions. Enjoy perspectives from Achieving the Dream’s OER Degree initiative. California Community College’s Zero-Textbook Cost Degree program, British Columbia’s Zed-Cred degree, Thomas Edison State University, Kaplan Open College, Tidewater Community College, College of the Canyons and others …
The Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER) is a division of the Open Education Consortium.