To celebrate Open Education Week, CCCOER will hold five 45-minute webinars, one per day, where faculty in a specific discipline will discuss the intricacies of teaching OER in that subject and answer audience questions.
Join us to hear faculty discuss:
- How they were first introduced to OER, and what made them decide to use it.
- What the process of adopting OER was like and what challenges they encountered.
- How OER has changed the way they teach.
- Any assessments they have done regarding student success rates, and how their students have responded to OER.
- If they are going to continue using OER, and if so, any changes they are considering implementing to improve the course.
When: March 4 – 8, 12pm PT/ 3pm ET
Subjects and Featured Speakers:
Monday, March 4th: Sociology
- Vera Kennedy, West Hills College Lemoore
- Christine Monnier, College of DuPage
Tuesday, March 5th: Administration of Justice
- Julia Ellis, Salt Lake Community College
- Sean Fay, Montgomery College
- Michelle Ronda, Borough of Manhattan Community College
Wednesday, March 6th: English
- Laurie Coleman, San Antonio College
- Katherine Lynch, Rockland Community College
- Clare Thompson, Northern Essex Community College
Thursday, March 7th: Philosophy
- Edward Haven, Los Medanos Community College
- Nathan Smith, Houston Community College
Friday, March 8th: Math
- Jodi Cotten-Konsur, Westchester Community College
- Larry Green, Lake Tahoe Community College